17 April, 2011

Pantaloon Retail

I first thought about buying shares of Pantaloon Retail a few years back while standing in a very long queue at Big Bazaar. While looking around at all the people struggling to actually pay money I was thinking it might be a good idea to be receiving all this money - as a shareholder :)

I did buy some shares in October 2008 (with an eye on on upcoming stock split; which I now know may not be a great idea) and then again in September 2009. Though the stock went above Rs. 500 at a point, it is now at Rs 277; which by the way is the same as I bought it at around 2 and a half years back and lower than what I got it for a year and a half back.

What now? The queues are still there, and the chain is growing, so I'm going to go with my gut and buy some more!

No comments:

Post a Comment