19 December, 2010

Punjab and Sind Bank IPO

Did you not apply for the Coal India IPO? Did you miss out on the big money people made on it? Have you applied for the PSB IPO?

I did not apply for Coal India, but I did apply for the PSB IPO. I am not a big fan of PSUs, or any company that is basically state owned, so I was never keen on either. Looking at the the prospectus for PSB, there is a huge list of risks, including a few civil cases and IT cases.

As it is, there is nothing in this IPO that would attract one to buy it for the long term, but the fact is there appears to be some money to be made on almost any IPO listing, especially a nationalised bank. So I have applied for some shares, which I intend to sell off at the first reasonable opportunity. The fact that this IPO is oversubscribed almost 50 times, I am not too optimistic I will get too many shares, but it's worth a shot!

No comments:

Post a Comment